Sunday, January 8, 2012

01 January 2012


The first card in this project will be to the CEO of the company that employs me, and before the snark regarding my brown nose can begin, let me assure you that I have a natural talent for leaving this man a seething, quivering mass of angry protoplasm. It is never my intent to do this, but it is the occasional upshot. My preference would be to never do it again, but the very minor pragmatist side of my psyche tells me to brace myself. Let's just hope he keeps signing those checks.

So why are we here with this one? In December, we have this thing whereby people can pay a dollar to wear jeans on a day other than Friday. Yes, I know that's banal and a signal that the culture has matured to the point of rotting, but it is what it is, and we use the proceeds to sponsor a couple of families in dire straits for Christmas. It's a worthy endeavor.

To make the matter more interesting this year, I publicly challenged The Man, who does not own a pair of jeans, to wear jeans one full work day. In return, I would add $100 to the kitty. He did. The VPs each matched me. Now, two families have happier children, at least for a Christmas.

I am proud to write this card.

2 comments:

  1. I think your challenge was a nice addition to Denim December. And, I think The Man might like his new jeans more than he thought he would.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete