Monday, January 9, 2012

02 January 2012


Today's card, the second, went to my ex. She sent a $100 donation to Equality North Carolina Federation to support the fight against the amendment to ban gay marriage in North Carolina. For whatever reason, she sent the envelope to my address. Now, ENC is written on the tag along with my name in my mailbox.

At first, I wondered what she was up to. Our relationship is not as good as it could be, and I find myself suspicious as I consider her motives. After Christmas, she called about something I've now forgotten, and she asked if I'd received any letters from ENC. I said no, and then told her about the wrong address on the envelope.

Today, I put her envelope and check into another envelope with an explanatory note, this time with a correct address. I also sent her a thank you card. It seems reasonable to let go of this bad feeling, and I hope I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment