Thursday, February 9, 2012

02 February 2012


When we went out for my belated birthday lunch last week, one of the peeps gave me a red balloon. I doubt her color choice was an accident, what with the festive occasion. She later took the balloon and tied it to my chair. Yes, I'm older than most, and sometimes I need a marker of some kind to tell me where I should go.

This peep is particularly well-read, and I suspect she's quite familiar with the video and story of The Red Balloon. If you're not, just use Google to find the Wiki reference. From there, you can learn how to rent the video, You want to watch this video as soon as possible. If you were ever on the receiving end of a bully's attention, only to have a kindly hand reach in and lift you up and out, you'll find a certain warmth in this 1956 video that will leave you knowing there is still some vestige of hope for this world.

For this, the good peep gets a card.

No comments:

Post a Comment