Saturday, February 18, 2012

11 February 2012


For all the quantitative methodology I have studied lo these many years, I spend a lot of time executing qualitative studies with focus groups. So far, the university has not chosen to recall my diploma, but I keep waiting for that letter to arrive. Perhaps my habit of moving frequently has kept them off my trail.

These focus groups typically involve a dozen people in a hotel meeting room in a city somewhere. What most people do not see is the mountain of work that goes into the successful execution of such a meeting. People have to be selected and invited. They need rooms to sleep in. They need food to eat. They, often, need special handling in the evening because we, usually, ask them to work for free.

Get you mind out of the gutter! They go to very nice and often eclectic restaurants and other venues for dinner.

My work through the past three days went off without a hitch because of the hard work of two people at the agency that hires my company for this work. In addition to their willingness to work hard, they are also very good people, and I enjoy my time with them.

For making my life and work simpler and, also, more fun, these two are getting a card.

No comments:

Post a Comment