Monday, February 27, 2012

20 February 2012


I never did make good on my threat to park an RV next to Lily's dorm, and now that she's in her own apartment making her own money and living her own life, I'm not sure I could pull it off anyway, but we all know I'd try, or at least act like I was going to, just to see her eyes shoot those lightening bolts she shoots so well.

And then she had an uninvited guest. He entered through a window while she was at work, and proceeded to steal what little stuff she has, not the least of which was the bag of birthday presents for her beau, but the neighbor saw the act, and the neighbor's son gave chase, only to be met with a pistol, though by then the police had arrived to bring the matter to a close.

Lily returned from work to find CSI sprinkling fingerprint dust all over her apartment. She might get her stuff out of an evidence locker before it's all out-of-date. The cats went for a walk in the wide, wild world with their fingerprint-dust-covered paws, but it was too chilly out for a house kitty, and they came back in through the window.

Hearing of these matters is not exactly the way a dad would start his day, if a dad could get his druthers once in a while, and I really don't get used to it, but I'm not sure what I'd do dashing up there a day late and a dollar short. Besides, her BF has boarded the windows temporarily, and that'd block my view from the RV. He gets a card for looking after my Lily.

No comments:

Post a Comment