Tuesday, February 28, 2012

21 February 2012


It's not often a bitter old queen shows up at the clinic with a broken foot bone that won't show up on an xray and two zits in uncomfortable places, but it happened today, and I know because I was there. The admitting clerk had some trouble wrapping her head around the disparate complaints, and the truth is I would not have taken either to the clinic except that I start a two-week road trip tomorrow.

OK, there's nothing they can do about a stress fractured metatarsal, but I was hoping, maybe, for a immobilization boot, but it was not to be, at least this time.

The attending PA was quite matter of fact as she sorted through the mess that was me, and then took the items in order of proximity to her chair. I would have done the same.

So I'm headed out on the road with a prescription of what nearly killed me last month but at double strength. This is going to be an interesting fortnight on the road. Nonetheless, I'm sending her a card for being a good sport about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment