Wednesday, February 1, 2012

25 January 2012


It's been about the work peeps lately, and a lot so. That's likely indicative of my imbalance between work and life, but that's also another problem for another day. Last week was exceptionally busy, and many of my colleagues pitched in to lighten the load by picking up details around the edges where I'm likely to let things go as I tend to core materials.

In particular, we had visitors Friday, and they were learning about their program because they had just inherited it due to unfortunate circumstances. I got everything organized, but I only had an agenda, nothing else, and it usually the case that new learners need concrete examples as they figure stuff out.

This is true for all of us, by the way. The less we know about something, the more concrete we need it if we're to understand it.

Enter an unexpected colleague who put together a packet of relevant materials from which we could frame our many discussions. The day would have been far less productive without that packet, and she deserves a pitcher of margaritas, but a note will have to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment