Friday, February 3, 2012

27 January 2012


The ex sent me a birthday card. It might be the first one since we separated, and I'll forgo the suspicious thinking as it just seems unnecessary to apply the level of anger to a birthday card. I also wouldn't be inclined to send a thank you card a birthday card, but I'm making an exception in this case, and not for the reason you might think.

The front of the card featured a shirtless young thing looking off to the distance in a gym. Given the shorts, I suspect the picture was taken some time back. However, that is immaterial. We can admire beauty across the ages. Besides, shorts were better, especially for men, back then. This, still, is not the motivation for the thank you card.

Inside the card, it read “If you didn't notice the color of the bag he was holding, you're as young as you ever were.” Well, I didn't even notice the bag, much less the color, and that's what's worth a thank you card, especially for this bitter old queen.

No comments:

Post a Comment