Monday, March 12, 2012

05 March 2012


I've just returned and started the recovery from a two week road trip and professional conferences, where by recovery, I mean grocery shopping and laundry. I probably should have done laundry on the road, but I wasn't sure there'd be a conveniently located laundry place. Yet, there was, and if I go back, I'll bear that in mind.

Just as in most other endeavors, we don't do the conferences in a vacuum. There are many people, each with complimentary roles. One of the better duties while at these conferences is the business dinner, especially when the peeps involved are pleasant, as they were this time.

So we went out to dine at 7:30 P.M., finishing up towards 10. At that point, my role would include returning the client peeps back to their hotel, and I was prepared to do that, but then a work peep offered to do that errand because they were staying in the same hotel.

On the surface, that doesn't sound like all that much, does it? However, this time, I'm not sure I had another hour in me, which is the amount of time I'd have needed for the additional round trip.

I'm pretty sure she saved my life that night, and for as much as a few others might suggest otherwise, that's gonna get a card.

No comments:

Post a Comment