Tuesday, March 13, 2012

06 March 2012


I work with many professional organizations and the members thereof. This means I make extensive use of the general science instruction I received along the way. I also augment that science with endless details, some of which are fascinating. Did you know there are three kinds of continence? Perhaps I'll describe them later. The third might surprise you.

For another example, propylene glycol is occasionally used by some vitamin pill manufacturers to hold the pill ingredients together. Read the labels and see. It'll be listed as an inactive ingredient, if it's there.

Now, why would this be a point of discussion along an evening's stroll to a five-star restaurant? Well, propylene glycol is an intestinal lubricant. If you take a fistful of vitamin pills, and those vitamin pills are bound with propylene glycol, you're going to have some interesting moments some six to eight hours later, and let's just say there won't be much risk of straining anything from that effort.

If that's not worth a card, I just don't know what is.

No comments:

Post a Comment