Thursday, March 15, 2012

08 March 2012


Graduation season is approaching rapidly, and #1 Son is in the queue. He's certainly stepped into his own at Embry-Riddle, and that's a good thing to see. He did a better job with it than I did, as best I can tell, but we won't tell him that, not just yet. Besides, his sister did about the same in her turn, and we've not told her yet either, not that I think they don't know it anyway.

So we need stuff for graduation, and by stuff, I mean a sword. He's commissioning in the USAF the same weekend he graduates. After some period of investigation, he finally sent me a link to the sword that would work. Seeing the link and knowing my propensity to wait, I bought the sword immediately.

Some six minutes after the purchase, he sent a note telling me that the link was to the wrong sword. Uh oh.

Fortunately, the owner of the shop in Washington State read my order and also realized it was the wrong sword. He and I called one another concurrently, and after some befuddlement owing to it being 11 P.M. for me, we got things figured out. The fellow is a former Marine, and he knew all about what was up with the sword. He also knew that more was needed than just the sword. Like a belt. A guard. A chain. Some gloves. And a carrying case.

During this, it was apparent that he had no intentions of over-selling. He was just helping me out, if for a price, and that's getting today's card.

No comments:

Post a Comment