Saturday, March 17, 2012

10 March 2012


Another Saturday, another false start. Last Saturday, I left the hotel for the airport a day early. This Saturday, I invited my panel to the bar for after work drinks. They'd been extremely productive these past two days, and I wanted to thank them.

It would have been better if I'd remembered my wallet.

Fortunately, the bartender took pity on me, and gave me until midnight to clear the tab. He asked for nothing in return to hold as bond. All I had to do was drive across town twice, which I did. Rapidly.

I paid him about an hour after leaving the first time, and left a decent above average cash tip. I suspect the cash will mean more to him than the card he's about to get, but maybe he will be able to wave it under his boss's nose for a better raise.

No comments:

Post a Comment