Sunday, March 18, 2012

11 March 2012


Another Sunday, another successful close to a qualitative study by a focus group. If you'd told me 10 years ago that I'd be conducting qualitative studies for a living, I'd have laughed in your face, and even now, I'm inclined to giggle. All those years of lab work, math study, and application of multivariate methods to non-linear modeling certainly didn't come with any pretense of working with human beings.

Yet, it seems to have come together, at least for now, and as usual, very little of the success is attributable to me. I just play on the stage provided, a stage that someone else set. In this instance, it was one person who put this event together. She chose the people, and she did so well.

She even challenged me a couple of times, and I relented as it seemed reasonable both times. Besides, she knew as well as I the requirement to reach Sunday noon with a workable product. Many forget in these studies that I have a contractual obligation, and that obligation does not involve solving all the professions ills with a single stroke of perfection. She knew quite well the challenge before us, and worked with me to achieve our mutual needs.

That's getting a card today, and I look forward to the next time we work with this peep.

No comments:

Post a Comment