Monday, March 26, 2012

19 March 2012


A week or so ago, I checked out of my hotel and went to the airport a day early because I was confused about my travel days. Last Thursday, a very few days into the time change for daylight saving time, I went to the chiropractor's office at 9:45, thinking I was 15 minutes early, only to realize I was 45 minutes late. I had believe the computer schedule, not my paper calendar. Fortunately, the doc was able to work me in.
It's better if we can learn from the mistakes of others, and if we can't do that, then we should learn from our own mistakes. In these two instances, it's clear to me that I need to slow my little motor down. It was bad enough that it took three weeks before Lily and I could align our calendars. Now, I've slipped on simple scheduling twice in a week.

This fellow needs to slow down, breathe, and move forward at a more measured pace. It serves no one to burn out in a blaze of glory. Besides, we should be more efficient in our efforts from the simple learning through all those years.

The chiropractor runs a small office, part time, with a single handler who manages the flow of work. They both went out of their way to work around my stupidity, my late arrival, and that means a couple of cards are going out today.

No comments:

Post a Comment