Tuesday, March 27, 2012

20 March 2012


It's my habit to work flex hours in the office. Doing so can save over an hour a day in commuting time. Lest there be some confusion, this means I go in late and leave early. It's quite the luxury being able to optimize like that, and The Man gets more bang for his buck, which is a good thing most days.

Breakfast usually happens towards 5 to 6 in the morning. That, in and of itself, is not so surprising, especially with a long past on the farm, but it also means there will be some mid-morning snack, a substantial snack, something more likely to be called a second breakfast.

Yes, I believe there's more than a little hobbit in me.

The other day was no exception other than I missed second breakfast, and that, coupled with more sweating in the gym, left me a little gaunt as I entered the office. Stepping to the kitchen for my usual first quart of water brought me face-to-face with a big plat of fresh veggies and dill dip.

My benefactor is likely in cahoots with my internist, but that's okay, and she can still get a card for saving so many lives that morning, what with them all in peril from my pending low blood sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment