Saturday, April 21, 2012

14 April 2012


I checked into a beach hotel for a social event that I'll describe tomorrow, and I won't mention the large student group from Wake Forest University that is expending an excessive amount of energy in the name of relaxation. However, I do wonder what introverts do now for spring break. I went home and work on the farm, or I spent the week camping solo.

However, that's not why we're here. Instead, we're here to mention the staff that remembered my name and room number the several times I checked out a bike and the one time when I locked my keys in the room. They even identified me as I first entered the hotel, and I've not figured that one yet. It's not like I was wearing a badge or anything.

They greeted me by name and with a smile repeatedly, probably because I was not occupied with the destruction of hotel property or despoiling the hot tub, but I'll give them credit for being gracious and hospitable. They made my stay pleasant and, in my case, relaxing.

And no, I had nothing to do with the moonlight requisition at the Tiki bar. 

1 comment:

  1. your reputation precedes you. That's how they knew.

    ReplyDelete