Wednesday, April 25, 2012

18 April 2012


My brother has worked for the same grocery store chain for 15 years or so, and I shop at that chain regularly, though not at the same store. His store was just too far away for me.

A few weeks ago, his first grandchild was born, and Bro was there for the birth, standing just outside the door to give mom a little privacy and the docs a little room. His phone rung. It was his district manager wanting him to come in immediately to attend to a problem. Bro declined. The manager insisted. Bro went in for a few hours the next morning.

A week or so later, Bro tendered his resignation and took another job. That takes some nerve when you're no longer a young pup. Opportunities for old farts disappear quickly. Yet, Bro pulled it off, and I think the world is a better place. I might even change my grocery shopping as well, but we can decide that after writing his card.

No comments:

Post a Comment