Saturday, April 28, 2012

21 April 2012


Back in February, I showed up at the doctor's office for my annual physical, and I announced the part where I'd lost my mind and was aiming for the Tough Mudder in October. He did not skip a beat. He didn't tell me I'd never make it. He didn't suggest I pick a smaller challenge. He only asked what it was about, and then proceeded to suggest that I engage a staged training regimen. I had nine months to get ready, and that should be quite sufficient, even at my advanced age.

Today, I ran and survived a much smaller event to see how I was coming along. There are many things I need to do much better, but here is one man who is not telling me what I cannot do. He suggests more things to do to keep the progression moving forward. Do you have any idea how important that kind of positive and enabling thinking is in this otherwise, or at least frequently, harsh and punishing world? I do, and I'm sending him a card to go with the copay.

No comments:

Post a Comment