Friday, May 11, 2012

04 May 2012


Dinner and a movie is nearly cliché. Dinner and a colonoscopy, not so much, but that's where I was last month as I listened to the nurse assure me that a taxi to the clinic was not sufficient. I needed someone who would stay while I was bottoms up, someone who would listen to the doctor while I was coming out of the anesthesia, someone whom I could trust because this someone would probably bear witness to my mysteries, which in my case is more likely to stunt someone's growth than anything else.

So I made my list, which was short on personal peeps and long on work peeps. Last time, I asked a work peep I knew long before we worked together. This time, I wanted to keep the work folk out of it, if I did have offers from the boss and the CEO to handle this detail.

Fortunately, the first peep on the list agreed to dinner a dinner or two at the places of her choosing in exchange for taking me, staying, and bringing me home. That evening, we had bento boxes with sushi. I was starving, as is to be expected what with the dietary restriction of the past several days, and I nearly ate the table. The peep, being more petite and inclined to stay that way, requisitioned a doggie bag that stayed in my refrigerator while we strolled the J.C. Raulston Arboretum. It made a nice snack the next morning, and I thanked her for being forgetful.

No comments:

Post a Comment