Saturday, May 19, 2012

12 May 2012


Josh commissioned as a 2nd Lieutenant in the US Air Force today. It was an interesting ceremony that in and of itself is a capstone event, though in this case it is also a preliminary activity to graduation. When we were running on the beach, he spoke of the Colonel who oversees the AFROTC detachment that has been Josh's second home, perhaps even more, these past three years.

To use Josh's word, the Colonel is chill. I believe that is high praise from the young people these days.

All I can really report is that I like the maturation I've witnessed in #1 these last three years, and I’m pretty sure that did not happen by accident. It takes a lot of stage craft and leadership to make a successful program such as this one, and I want this one colonel to know that this one dad appreciates the effort that has gone into setting the stage upon which a fine young man has found his place in the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment