Friday, May 25, 2012

18 May 2012


I've said it before: I don't work in a vacuum. Few of us do. However, I do spend a lot of time working off in some corner of the world where I can plow through the details with fewer interruption and greater efficiency.

This seclusion means that I occassionally do not have access to some office materials, though I tend to keep copies of those things I routinely need. However, I can't have everything, and there are many files I so rarely need that I don't bother with keeping links and copies. Besides, many of those more obscure items change periodically, and whatever I have not might not be up-to-date, which leaves me having to ask for materials now and again.

And so Friday, I had to ask. In the time I could pour another glass of calorie-free flavored water, I have the six files I needed. Sort of like corporate Christmas. Now, we all understand that the peep who replied to my email already had a full schedule, one that she interrupted just for me, and I do try to keep such requests to a minimum, but I'm going to stop what I'm doing now and write her a note.

No comments:

Post a Comment