Friday, May 4, 2012

27 April 2012


As you might know from some other posts, I've been smitten by a book this year, so much so that I sent the author a note. I might never know if she gets it, as I had to send it to the agency that handles here bookings. The book? Quiet: The power of introverts in a world that won't stop talking by Susan Cain.

So I sent a copy of this book to m'Lil. She, much like me, prefers her times quiet. She's not particularly shy, but she does prefer her groups small and comfortable. I know this part of her well. Ages ago, we both were labeled autistic by one who should have known better, but that one, being a loud extrovert, just didn't know any better. I'm not sure she does yet.

Today, Lil posted a picture on her Facebook page. It's a list of admonishments to extroverts for dealing with introverts if you really want to get somewhere. If nothing else, she now has a clue that she's not broken, and that's the important thing.

Many will say this is a stretch, but she's getting a card for this bold step forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment