Saturday, May 5, 2012

28 April 2012


This season, we're voting. It's much the usual with one exception, that exception being a constitutional amendment that make marriage legal only when one man and one woman are involved. The rest of us can go kiss a flying brick, or better, leave the state. Yes, the political climate is not particularly inviting these days except for straight white Christians.

So I get this email from the ex. She told me she voted today. Against the amendment. In honor of me. (I did much the same yesterday followed by a hot brownie with vanilla ice cream in celebration.) I expected her to vote against the amendment as that's in keeping with her political leaning. It's the part about me that was the surprise.

It's going to take a minute, maybe two, for me to lower my guard and accept this note for what it probably is, that being a simple gesture of friendship, and I'm going to do it and write her a note for two reasons. First, Josh has his graduation coming up, and we need to be civil for a few days. Second, it's the right thing to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment