Sunday, May 6, 2012

29 April 2012


This morning, I posted to Facebook my reaction to one of the ads that supports the constitutional amendment. The ad features a sugary sweet voice, the kind I associate with the smiling face of thinly veiled evil, going on about the importance of preserving the sanctity of marriages in the state. (I doubt she's ever watched the news outside the 700 Club.) The spot ends with a closeup on a shiny black and brand new Bible. It's too bad these people rarely bother to read the text, much less watch the news to see what happens when government intertwines with religion, especially one religion, the kind with mess like Christian Soldiers and such.

Can you tell I have some steam to vent?

So a Facebook peep chimes in that some people take a different message from the Bible and support a separation of Church and State. I do hope that she and her peeps are in the majority for this election. However, I don't high hopes. It seems we're in a season where hate is popular.

Nonetheless, she's getting a card for providing an uplifting moment to my Sunday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment