Friday, June 8, 2012

02 June 2012


I work with a lot of volunteers who are selected by the management of professional organizations. These volunteers work for free, and receive only reimbursement for their expenses. Food. Travel. Lodging. Manicures. Well, not that one.

The important thing is that someone has to assemble the volunteers carefully. One volunteer with an agenda or one volunteer lacking the ability to negotiate and compromise can put our work at risk, and given that these meetings are generally very expensive, it's important that we accomplish the work we've planned in the time we've allocated.

Today, I facilitated one such meeting. Our charge was to determine the passing point of an examination. This is not a trivial task, and it has to be done right, or I get to spend some quality time with fire-breathing attorneys later on. This means much of my success, and peace of mind, is predicated on the work of another, who, in this case, put together a fine panel of volunteers.

We finished our work early, and the panel produced solid data. I want my organization representative to know that I appreciate her hard work and planning.

No comments:

Post a Comment