Monday, June 4, 2012

28 May 2012


After all this time, it finally happened. Last night, the toilet drain slowed, but still drained. This morning, the draining stopped. On a holiday. These things never happen at convenient times. I'd hoped that my snaking the drain myself last night would have solved the problem, and I could avoid having to ask management to call a plumber on a holiday, but it was not to be.

I don't know how much that plumber charged, but I am certain it wasn't enough. I left the light on. I left the fan running. I left the door closed. I stepped in once to fetch my toothbrush, and I haven't smelled such since I toured the maggot farm in Burlington.

The apartment manager was quick to respond, and all was well by the time I returned home later in the afternoon. I should send her flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment