Tuesday, July 3, 2012

15 June 2012


Sometimes I get lucky. One of those proposals I presented to potentials clients a few days ago hit the mark. I suppose that makes me .500 for the season. I knew I should have been a pitcher.

The guy I was subbing for is recovering from whatever dread disease he brought back from India, and he was in a recent management meeting singing my praises. I'll be thanking him for that. (Let's hope the boss remembers all this next year when raises or bonuses come along.)

Now of course, I've been at this long enough to know the tides go and come. It's just the way the world works. Sometimes it all comes together, and sometimes it does not. The thing is that I'm not sure we have all that much to do with it, though that is the way to bet.  

No comments:

Post a Comment